Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is fundamental to our work if we are to prepare our children to become responsible citizens in their communities and make meaningful positive contributions. Please read our policy to find out how we enrich children’s experiences at school. Click here to read the SMSC policy.
The aims of Religious Education are:
- To stimulate and maintain pupils’ curiosity, interest and enjoyment in RE.
- To develop an understanding of the influence of beliefs, values and traditions on individuals, communities, societies and cultures.
- To develop the ability to make reasoned and informed judgements about religious and moral issues, with reference to the teachings of some of the main religions represented in the UK.
- To develop positive attitudes of respect towards other people who hold different views and beliefs, and towards living in a society of diverse religions.
- Please click here to see our Religious Studies Curriculum Overview. We have based this on The Agreed Syllabus for RE in Nottinghamshire 2015-2020.
R.E Skills Knowledge and Vocabulary